- Management and Prevention of Infections - February 2021
Management and Prevention of Infections - February 2021
Senior Author of the course: Stephan Vavricka
Lead Authors of the course: Bram Verstockt, Julien Kirchgesner, Thomas Greuter
Welcome to this interactive course on Management and Prevention of Infections in IBD!
This course has been developed for gastroenterologists, surgeons, paediatricians, pathologists and other interdisciplinary medical experts interested in Inflammatory Bowel Disease(s) (IBD). One major aim of e-learning activity is to increase competence and knowledge with regard to the prevention, diagnosis, and management of opportunistic infections in IBD.
Upon completion of this case you will:
- Define which infectious tests (serology, PCR, cultures, …) should be performed at IBD diagnosis, prior to biological/small molecule therapy or while flaring
- Monitor IBD patients with previous hepatitis B virus infection
- Treat Clostridium difficile infection
- Advise IBD patients who want to travel
- Advise pregnant or breastfeeding IBD patients on vaccination
- You will be asked a series of questions throughout this case
- Both correct and incorrect answers will have short feedback as to why the answer was right or wrong
- You are allowed as many attempts as it takes to get a correct answer before moving on to the next question
- If you wish to skip a question and come back later, there is a quiz navigation in the upper right corner (numbers stand for question numbers, "i" stands for information page, which is usually a "case continued" page)
Duration of the course
- The estimated duration of the course is approximately 30-40 minutes
- Upon successful completion of the training, you will be directed to a final test
Disclosures:Please find all CoI and Disclosure forms here.
Organisation: European Crohn's and Colitis Organisation - ECCO
Login to access this course: If you are not yet logged in, please log in through the ECCO Portal with the username and password you were given upon membership registration to fully access this e-Course.
ECCO Members can take this course: In case you are not an ECCO Member or have not yet paid the annual member fee, please become an ECCO Member / renew your Membership.
Upon successful completion of the training, you will be directed to a final test.