The in-depth knowledge about the pathogenesis, disease course, assessment and clinical management of IBD provided by the IBD Blue Book and IBD Boot Camp sections of ECCO e-Learning are an essential pre-requisite for health care professionals caring for patents with IBD. In addition, the ECCO Consensus Statements and Topical Reviews provide an evidence base to guide clinical decision making. If used in isolation, however, they are unlikely to provide the totality of knowledge required for appropriate patient management.
The e-Courses comprise a case-based clinical narrative interspersed with multiple choice clinical care options that you can work though. Designed to be completed in one sitting, they are anticipated to take between 40 and 60 minutes. At the end of each e-Course there is a multiple-choice test. Each e-Course is designed around a specific consensus guideline or topical review.
The e-Courses are suitable for any health care professional involved in IBD care. The courses are divided into those dealing with medical care, nursing care and the care of special situations.
- An appreciation of the disease natural history in patients with IBD
- An understanding as to the interpretation of patient investigations
- To learn appropriate clinical management of different clinical scenarios
- To appreciate the rationale behind specific treatment decisions
- Understand the importance of patient monitoring