ECCO IBD Curriculum
9.3. Understands the different imaging modalities for fistulising CD
This course has been developed by physicians who had recently participated in the writing of the ECCO Crohn's disease consensus Guidelines. This course is intended for those who are interested in Inflammatory Bowel Disease(s) (IBD). One major aim of this e-learning activity is to increase competence and knowledge with regard to Perianal disease in order to improve patient outcomes.
After this case you will:
- To appreciate the Crohn’s disease natural history
- To appreciate the rationale behind specific treatment decisions
- To understand the right investigations to prescribe to Crohn’s disease patient in specific settings
- To learn appropriate clinical management of Crohn’s disease patients with perianal involvement
This course has been developed for gastroenterologists, surgeons, paediatricians, pathologists and other interdisciplinary medical experts interested in Inflammatory Bowel Disease(s) (IBD). One major aim of this e-learning activity is to increase competence and knowledge with regard to the management of CD patients and to harmonise indications and technical considerations for surgery in order to improve patient outcomes.
Upon completion of this activity learners will:
- - Know how to identify surgical indications in patients with Crohn's Disease (CD)
- - Be able to adequately treat different complications in CD patients that require surgery
- - Be able to recommend appropriate changes in perioperative treatment and management