ECCO IBD Curriculum
6.7. Appreciates the importance of on-going disease monitoring to confirm efficacy.
This course has been developed for gastroenterologists, surgeons, paediatricians, pathologists and other interdisciplinary medical experts interested in Inflammatory Bowel Disease(s) (IBD). One major aim of this e-learning activity is to increase competence and knowledge with regard to the diagnosis and management management of IBD patients.
After this case you will:
- Be able to identify the ideal diagnostic technique in various situations
- Be acquainted with several diagnostic options that can be used as guidance for clinical practice
This course is designed for gastroenterologists, paediatricians, surgeons and other interdisciplinary medical experts interested in Inflammatory Bowel Disease(s) (IBD). The intended result of this activity is increased competence and knowledge of the role of imaging techniques, particularly ultrasonography, in the diagnosis and follow-up of IBD patients.
Upon completion of this activity learners will:
- Understand the role of ultrasonography (US) in the initial diagnostic work-up of suspected IBD
- Be able to provide a comprehensive overview of normal and abnormal findings in bowel US, with a focus on IBD
- Be able to understand the usefulness of bowel US in the follow-up of IBD, in assessing disease activity, response to therapy and monitoring disease progression and complications such as stenosis, fistulae and abscesses